Ok, ok… christmas is still more than a month away, but don’t you hate the feeling when you have to rush with finding the right christmas gifts because there isn’t enough time? Instead, how about buying your gifts early so that you can fully enjoy christmas time!
My habits of buying gifts have changed a lot. Since I want to cut down my consumption, I have the rule to only buy things that are useful (to the person I’m gifting) and to pay attention on how eco friendly the gifts are. Etsy is a great place to find gifts that match these criteria. Also, buying on Etsy means supporting small businesses!
Of course I also love self-made gifts for christmas, they are maybe the best ones of all. Therefor I will dedicate a whole blog post on self-made gifts soon, so look out for it.
Here is a little list with 10 great things that I found on Etsy. Maybe they are also an inspiration for your christmas gift search!
1. Planner for 2014 made from recycled paper, by REDSTARink. Simple and beautiful.
2. For your vegan friend who loves coffee and tea. Handmade by vesselsandwares.
3. Tiny shark necklace, because we should show sharks more love. Handmade from mostly reclaimed silver by lulubugjewelry. Comes in a recycled gift box.
4. Tea towel with a squirrel. Hand drawn and screen printed on 100% organic cotton, by ohlittlerabbit.
5. For the bird lover. WildWestWoods makes really fancy bird houses. They remind me of Lord Of The Rings!
6. Reusable pink glass straws, handmade by Beadtrap.
7. One of the beautiful prints of Katie Daisy. This one is hanging in my hall way and I love it.
10. The beautiful “Fairy Tea” is made of all kinds of different blossoms, by TheRobinsNestLaJolla. Ingredients are organic and fair trade.
For more inspiration, check out my older posts: