Hello there and thanks for stopping by!
I‘m Franziska and I began blogging in 2010 to share my journey of a more earth-friendly way of life. In 2016 I took a big leap of faith and turned my passion into a small business, creating zero waste products to fight the plastic pollution that we are facing today. Greenderella is now growing into a platform for positive change and it‘s such an exciting journey for me. This year (2018) I‘m expanding the team and I look forward to make great things happen together. Check out further down, who has joined the Greenderella family.
I‘m so happy that you are here too. Join the community and let‘s exchange thoughts and inspiration!
What can you find on this webpage?
Greenderella is a space for everyone who is interested in eco-friendly living.
On the blog you can find green tips, plant-based recipes, personal experiences, travel tips, zero waste topics, reviews and discoveries of any sort – from documentaries to chocolate bars – and much more.
Or head over to the video section, where my buddy Carina and I talk about eco topics, interview green heroes, share tasty recipes and spread happy vibes. 🙂
Some random facts about me:
- Hamburg (Germany) is my oh-so-beloved hometown.
- I have a weak spot for fleamarkets, veg-sushi, quirky old trees, pottery, JurassicPark, Franzbrötchen and dogs (my life mission is to cuddle all of them!)
- If I had a life motto it would probably be „Go with the flow“, trusting that everything will work out eventually, no matter how winding the road ahead.
- I‘ll never get tired of watching videos of rescued baby bats chewing on bananas. Ever.
- I studied systematic musicology and cultural studies but turned out to do something completely different. #goingwiththeflow
- I can sing along pretty much every guitar solo of John Mayer. : D
- Whenever I find myself in an unusually beautiful moment, I make a wish.
- I give strange nicknames to my dogs and try to say them very quickly, like „Bobby from Bombay with the Bongos“… Yup…
Some thoughts about living earth-friendly
The older I get, the more fascinated I get about the stunning beauty, endless diversity and magic that surrounds us on this planet. But we all know that it is fading and that we can only preserve it if we stop exploiting it. The wonderful thing is, that each one of us has the power to create change, and for me it all started by simply being more conscious about my every-day actions and the effects that they have on others.
Many of us tend to think that living more “green“ means sacrifice and limitation, but (spoiler-alarm!) it is actually FUN and enriching! Once I started searching for kinder alternatives, a whole new world of possibilities, flavors, ideas and amazing finds opened up to me. And by sharing all of these discoveries on the blog, I hope I can spread some positive inspiration.
That said, I also want to point out that by living in this modern world, there is no way to do everything right. Adapting new habits and changes might take a while and sometimes a compromise is the best we can do. Since nobody is perfect, I don‘t believe in pointing fingers at each other. I rather like to celebrate the positive things that happen around us.
and I believe that even the smallest act of kindness has an impact. If everybody just did a little, big things can happen – so let‘s spread some good vibes!
I met Carina in 2009 and she has become one of the closest people in my life. Some people think we are sisters, which we are not, but very well could be. We share the same humor and values. The only thing we don‘t really share is food. ; )
I‘m so happy that Carina is on board now! We have started a YouTube Channel together (which you can find here) and you‘ll also find her posting on the blog.
“Hi, I am Carina and I am a mother, dog/animal lover and make-the-world-a-better-place-believer. Franzi and I have shared this passion to make a change on this planet for so long and I thank her for including me in her brilliant blog. I am looking forward to posting, sharing and laughing here. Let’s do this!”
Some random facts about me:
- When I was 16 I decided to become a Popstar. I had a Rockband, an Acoustic Band and even went to London to study music. I decided to quit when I was 31. Still love singing, but only to my daughter
- I get really hangry (angry when hungry) It’s really difficult when Franzi takes pictures of my food for the blog and all I want is eat eat eat 😀
- I love yoga. Always makes me happy and gives me a new perspective when i‘m stuck
- My dog Louie is named after Michael Jackson’s Lama
The helping hand when it comes to everything technical. If you see awesome (or shaky) camera moves in our YouTube Videos, that‘s Julien. If you think that the new web design looks stunning, thank Julien. If something on this site doesn‘t work, Julien can fix it. He can btw also cook a bad ass plant-based bolognese and is producing some fine music. And if you now wonder if this man is still single, I have to disappoint you. If you know what I mean.. ; )